How, When, and Why We Collect Information
Uses of Personal Information
- Usage information, including cookies and clear GIFs. You can view content on the Website without registering or providing any personal information. When you enter the Website, whether directly or through a shortened link, we may collect usage information, including your browser and operating system type, IP address, the language you use, your device type, website behavior and demographics such as age, gender or interests, to optimize your experience on the Website, and to track aggregate Website usage, or to better target you with advertising or other information about our campaigns, advocacy or issues and information of importance to SEIU Local 32BJ, its affiliates, partners and its programs. In addition, we may use a “session” cookie to identify you while you are on the Website as well as a retargeting cookie or pixel, if they are enabled on your computer. We may also use clear GIFs also known as web beacons or pixel tags, which are transparent images placed on a website that work with cookies to track an individual’s use of the website, manage content or otherwise work to analyze a user’s experience on the Website in order to gather and understand the aggregate experience. Our use of such cookies/retargeting/pixel tags may continue after you have left our website.
- Mailing list. You may provide us with your email address if you wish to join our email list. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time on our Website or by unsubscribing from any email you may receive.
- Activity Requiring Registration. Certain activities on the Website — for example, posting comments or participating in surveys – may require you to register. To become a registered user, we ask you to provide your name and other identifying information, such as your member number. If you decide to register, we may use a persistent cookie that stores certain information to make it easier for you to login when you come back to the Website. You may also be asked to provide certain additional information to participate in other activities that we may undertake through the Website. For example, if you sign up to receive information by mail, we will ask for your street address.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage of the Website, such as when you use the site, the areas of the site you click on and/or participate in, the tags you search for, and whether or not you subscribe to the RSS feed. If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. A persistent cookie may be used to track this information. We may use pixel tags and/or trackable links in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and/or clicked on by recipients.
- Comments Posted to Site. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. When posting comments, you should exercise caution not to provide any personally identifying information or other information that you would not want seen by others. Use of the community functions on the Website is at your own risk.
- Sharing Local 32BJ Content and Information. We may offer you the option of sharing our content on social media with those you know on social media. If you choose to share our content, we, or we may use a service for this purpose, will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend’s email address. Either Local 32BJ, or a service we use for this purpose, will automatically share the content with the individual you have identified on your behalf. This action on your part will not authorize any further contact with your friend, and in fact your friend’s contact information is not retained.
- Polls, questionnaires, surveys. From time to time, we may conduct polls and surveys or send out questionnaires. Information collected through our polls, surveys, and questionnaires is used in the aggregate, unless we contact you to request permission to use your individual responses for a particular purpose or unless you acknowledge on the poll, survey, or questionnaire that Local 32BJ has permission to use your individual responses.
- Dues, American Dream Fund and membership cards, volunteer forms, pledge cards, verification and releases and other forms or applications, collectively “forms.” Local 32BJ may provide workers the opportunity to fill out dues, ADF, or membership cards online. In addition, we may seek to determine information about members or if they are interested in joining a Local 32BJ program or volunteering for an event or position with the Union. From time we may seek other information from members, workers who are organizing, or members of the public in order to further the Unions goals, programs, or other objectives of Local 32BJ. By filling out any of the above, you authorize Local 32BJ to store, disseminate and/or use the information on the forms and/or take the action specified on the forms.
- Facsimiles, patch through telephone calls, autodialers and petitions. From time to time, we may ask you to provide your personal information as part of sending facsimiles to third parties, signing petitions, or as part of patching your telephone (cellular or landline) through to a third party via our Website in furtherance of Local 32BJ’s goals. We will only do so with your permission. You can unsubscribe from Local 32BJ’s use of autodialers at any time, by going to our website or following the information included in any call using an autodailer.
- GoogleAds, Facebook, YouTube, emailing platforms and other social media platforms. Local 32BJ uses various targeting methods on social media platforms, including geofencing and the collection of analytics. Local 32BJ collects this information in the aggregate for use in targeting and to determine the efficacy of our programs and targeting.
- We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.
- The personal information that Local 32BJ collects on the Website helps us, our Districts, affiliated entities, Divisions and related organizations to efficiently and effectively represent our members, to pursue our advocacy agenda, and to provide valuable member benefits. In order to advance these goals and activities, we may share the personal information that we collect about you with Districts, Divisions, other Local 32BJ-related or affiliated organizations, and SEIU as well as other third parties that perform services on our behalf or in furtherance of Local 32BJ’s goals, including Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics. Additionally, subject to applicable law, we may share any of the personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us with certain third parties that we believe share our interests, without notifying your or obtaining your express permission. Should you wish to opt out from Local 32BJ communications, you can do so as described below.
- We will use your email address to communicate with you about Local 32BJ’s activities, information, updates and offerings, unless you opt-out from receiving such messages. We may also use your email address for administrative purposes, such as notifying you of major Website changes, sending messages related to actions you have taken on the site or for member or organizational purposes, such as for notifications about major union events (including, but not limited to, rallies, strikes, meetings and conferences) that you may wish to or are participating in. Although we hope you’ll find these communications informative and useful, if you don’t, you can always unsubscribe by following the simple instructions included in each email or by unsubscribing from our Website.
- Where you have given have given us permission, we will use your cellular phone number to communicate with you periodically by text message or by telephone, including by autodialers, about Local 32BJ’s activities, information, updates and offerings., We may also use your cellular phone number for administrative purposes, such as notifying you of major Website changes, sending messages related to actions you have taken on the site or for member or organizational purposes, such as for notifications about major union events (including, but not limited to, rallies, strikes, meetings and conferences) that you may wish to or are participating in. By providing us with your cellular phone number, you understand and agree that while Local 32BJ will never charge you for text message alerts or telephone calls, your cellular phone service provider may charge you for receipt of such text messages and telephone calls and that you, and not Local 32BJ, are responsible for any such charges. Although we hope you’ll find these communications informative and useful, if you don’t, you can always text STOP to 787753 to unsubscribe at any time, and you may text HELP if you would like more information.
- When you send emails, photographs, information about yourself, worksites, other bargaining unit members, or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may also capture this content and we may want to re-use and/or republish content you send us on our Website, or in flyers, newsletters or other off-line content, or that we obtain via online advertisements such as GoogleAds. By sending us content you agree that (i) Local 32BJ reserves the right, but has no obligation, to use such content in any fashion and in any Local 32BJ forum document or publication, online or offline; and (ii) Local 32BJ has your permission and you grant it a license to alter, condense, correct, edit, delete or change the content as we see fit at any time, without prior notice or permission.
- We use both your personally identifying information and certain non-personally-identifying information (such as anonymous usage data, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality of your user experience and the design of the Website and to create new features, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user behavior, preferences, trends, and actions. We may also use third party services, such as Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics to collect this and similar information for similar purposes.
We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Website or using the Local 32BJ name, to prevent bodily harm, to enforce our User Agreement, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to our site, our members, the public or Local 32BJ. In the unlikely event that Local 32BJ (or substantially all of its assets) is merged with another entity, information on our visitors, including your personal information, would be among the transferred assets.
Information Security and Data Integrity
Local 32BJ, and the third party vendor(s) it uses in the production and maintenance of our Website, take industry standard security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. For information regarding security measures taken by our third party vendor(s) please go to their website(s).
Local 32BJ endeavors to keep information you share with us confidential. However, in addition to the above we may need to share or otherwise release information internally within Local 32BJ or with SEIU, Divisions, Districts, Affiliates, or relevant third parties in order to accurately respond to inquiries, complaints, or to increase or improve service to our bargaining unit members.
Effective Date: August 22, 2019
Welcome to the Local 32BJ Website. Please carefully review our User Agreement before you begin using the site. Thank you.
A. Your Acceptance
, or Community Guidelines
, you are not authorized to use the Website.
Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to this User Agreement, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. Local 32BJ may, in its sole discretion, modify this User Agreement at any time. By continuing to use this website following our posting of such changes, you agree to be bound by this User Agreement, as modified.
Through our Website, Local 32BJ provides users with access to a rich array of educational and informational resources, including personalized content. We hope you find our Website useful. We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Website, or any part of them, at any time, for any reason without prior notice to you. You agree that we shall not be liable for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuance.
B. General Use of the Website — Permissions and Restrictions
Local 32BJ hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website as set forth in this User Agreement, provided that:
1. You do not collect any personally identifiable information of others, including user names, cellular phone numbers, or email addresses, from the Website.
2. You do not use the Website for any commercial purposes without the prior written authorization of Local 32BJ. You agree not to transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited advertising, promotional information, bulk e-mail or other solicitation. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to material they post on the Website.
3. You do not use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, macros, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Local 32BJ servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Local 32BJ grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Local 32BJ reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
4. You do not transmit or otherwise make available any content containing any “virus,” “worm,” “trojan horse,” or any other computer code, file, or program designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
5. You do not alter or modify any part of the Website.
6. You do not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or our sites or servers (or networks connected to our Website).
7. You do not harass, threaten, embarrass, defame, or cause distress, unwanted attention, or discomfort to a person or entity on or through the Website or its communication systems.
8. You do not transmit or otherwise make available on or through the Website any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, discriminatory, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, as solely determined by Local 32BJ.
9. Local 32BJ reserves the right to change or discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time, for any reason, and without notice to you.
10. Local 32BJ reserves the right to suspend or terminate a user’s access to the Website, without prior notice and at Local 32BJ’s sole discretion.
11. This list of permissions and restrictions, along with the other terms discussed below, is not intended to be complete, but merely illustrative. We reserve the right in our sole and final judgment to determine whether conduct violates conduct requirements for the Website.
C. Interactive Functions on the Local 32BJ Website
In order to access some features of the Website, such as, an electronic dues card, you may have to become a Registered User, which may also create a user account. If so, you agree to be bound by the following terms:
1. When creating or modifying your account, you must provide accurate, current, and complete information. We reserve the right to disallow use of any user name that we deem offensive or inappropriate. You will be responsible for preserving the confidentiality of your password and for all actions of persons accessing the Website through any username/password assigned to you. You must notify Local 32BJ immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. You may never use another’s account without permission.
4. You retain all of your ownership rights in your User Content. However, by submitting User Content to Local 32BJ, you hereby grant Local 32BJ a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable, perpetual, and transferable license to use, reproduce, store, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display your User Content (and your user name) in any medium in connection with the activities and operations of Local 32BJ, its Districts, Divisions, affiliated entities, and successors. You also hereby grant each user of the Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Website, and to use, reproduce, and distribute such User Content for such user’s personal, non-commercial purposes. You understand and agree that Local 32BJ may retain, reproduce, distribute and otherwise use for any purpose copies of User Content that has been removed from the Website. The above licenses granted by you are perpetual and irrevocable.
5. Local 32BJ does not endorse, authorize or ratify any User Content, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Local 32BJ expressly disclaims all liability in connection with User Content. Local 32BJ does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and Local 32BJ reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to remove any content from the Website if notified that such content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights.
D. Your Use of Content on the Site
In addition to the restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on the Website.
1. The content on the Website (other than your User Content), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, documents, interactive features and the like (collectively, “Local 32BJ Content”) is owned by or licensed by Local 32BJ. Portions of the trademarks, service marks and logos contained on the Website are owned or licensed by SEIU (“SEIU Marks”) or Local 32BJ (“Local 32BJ Marks”). Except as otherwise provided in this User Agreement or expressly provided for elsewhere on the Website (e.g., in the description of a campaign), the Local 32BJ Content, the Local 32BJ Marks, and the SEIU Marks may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of Local 32BJ or SEIU, as the case may be. SEIU reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the SEIU Marks. Local 32BJ reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Local 32BJ Content and the Local 32BJ Marks.
2. The Website is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. As part of such use, you may display, download and/or print pages from the site; you may link to the Website; and you may forward Website materials to others for personal, non-commercial uses that are reasonably related to the Website’s purposes.
3. You understand that when using the Website, you will be exposed to Local 32BJ Content, User Content, and other third-party content from a variety of sources, and that Local 32BJ makes no warranty about the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Local 32BJ Content, User Content, or other third-party content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Local 32BJ with respect thereto.
E. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Local 32BJ Content or User Content infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing Local 32BJ’s Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Local 32BJ to locate the material;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed, or that of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Local 32BJ’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent. Please contact us by emailing email@example.com
for any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, or other communications with Local 32BJ.
F. Warranty Disclaimer
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS.” YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE LOCAL 32BJ WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. LOCAL 32BJ, AS WELL AS ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “THE LOCAL 32BJ PARTIES”), DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. THE LOCAL 32BJ PARTIES CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE. NOR DO THE LOCAL 32BJ PARTIES GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE, OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE LOCAL 32BJ PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED, ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE LOCAL 32BJ WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING.
G. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LOCAL 32BJ PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE FORESEEABLE, RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (V) BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (VI) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT LOCAL 32BJ IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LOCAL 32BJ PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OF THE PROVISIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT APPLY. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE LOCAL 32BJ PARTIES AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, OF WHATEVER NATURE, THAT ARISE OUT OF YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY OF THIS USER AGREEMENT. THIS INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION WILL SURVIVE THIS USER AGREEMENT AND YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
H. Ability to Accept User Agreement
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this User Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this User Agreement. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Local 32BJ Website is not intended for children under 13 nor is any content aimed at children under 13.
and any other legal notices published by Local 32BJ on the Website, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Local 32BJ concerning the Website and supersedes prior agreements, if any, between you and Local 32BJ relating to any matter dealt with in the User Agreement. If any provision of this User Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this User Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this User Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Local 32BJ’s failure to assert any right or provision under this User Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. This User Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Local 32BJ without restriction. This User Agreement and the rights and obligations created hereunder shall be binding upon and inure solely to the benefits of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns, and nothing in this Agreement, express or implied, is intended or should be construed to confer upon any other person any right, remedy or claim under or by virtue of this Agreement. You and Local 32BJ agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Website must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
This User Agreement is made effective as of August 22, 2019.
Effective August 22, 2019
Our goal is to maintain a community where members, non-members and the general public can feel free to express themselves.
We encourage this kind of feedback:
- “On topic” and responds to the content in the article or post
- Responds to comments left by other followers
- Brief and to-the-point
- Positive/constructive tone
- Offer opinions without insulting individuals, companies, or other organizations
We reserve the right to delete comment(s)/image(s), without notice, that violate the spirit of these guidelines. Repeated violations may result in a user being banned from posting.
Please do not post this kind of content:
- Uses foul, discriminatory, libelous or threatening language, discriminatory, racially or ethnically objectionable language, or harassing language
- Contains advertising, solicitations or spam
- Invades the privacy of others
- Violates trademark or copyright laws or other laws
- Attacks individuals, companies, or other organizations
Note: While social media is a 24/7 medium, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every comment right away, and we trust in the dignity of our community to respond to negative content politely or to simply ignore it. In addition, the Website is a venue for discussion only, for the most up to date information about 32BJ activities or if you have questions or concerns about your rights under the Union contract, complaints you may have filed, or the Building Service 32BJ Benefits Funds, please check directly with your field representative, grievance representative or the Building Service 32BJ Benefit Funds by calling 212-388-3500 or coming to your local Union hall.
If you have any questions regarding the moderation of this page, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The comments posted do not reflect the opinions of 32BJ SEIU or its officers and employees.
Get involved in the fight for working families! Sign up for important information and updates about 32BJ:
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Key DATES & EVENTS
Mark your calendar with these union events!
View the Calendar »
RSS Email YouTube Twitter Facebook