New York, NY – 32BJ SEIU today announced their endorsement of candidates in Long Island elections, including Timothy Sini for Suffolk County District Attorney. General elections will be held on November 7.
“We believe Timothy Sini will stand up for our members, including our immigrant members, especially in the context of the bitter anti-immigrant sentiment promoted by a number of misguided legislators on Long Island,” said SEIU 32BJ President Héctor Figueroa. “Many of our members are part of immigrant families, and recognize the value of a defender of Long Island workers and their families, like Sini has been.”
Sini and other endorsed candidates represent values 32BJ SEIU’s members hold dear. These include support for policies that protect workers, including raising the minimum wage, and protecting workers’ rights to unionize for Long Islanders and other New Yorkers.
In other Suffolk County elections, SEIU 32BJ is endorsing the following candidates:
- For Suffolk County Legislature: Joshua Slaughter (District 3); Kara Hahn (District 5); Sarah Anker (District 6); Rob Calarco (District 7); Bill Lindsey (District 8); DuWayne Gregory (District 15); Susan Berland (District 16); William Spencer (District 18)
In Nassau County elections, SEIU 32BJ is endorsing the following candidates:
- Jack Schnirman for Nassau County Comptroller
- For Nassau County Legislature: Kevan Abrahams (District 1); Siela Bynoe (District 2); Eileen Napolitano (District 13); Mike Sheridan (District 15); Arnold Drucker (District 16); Joshua Lafazan (District 18); Jeff Gold (District 19)
In other Long Island elections, SEIU 32BJ is endorsing the following candidates:
- Samuel Gonzalez for Islip Town Council
- Tracey Edwards for Huntington Town Supervisor
- Jack Harrington for Brookhaven Supervisor
- Michele Lynch for Riverhead Town Council
With more than 82,000 members in New York City, including more than 2,200 who live and work in Long Island, 32BJ is the largest property services union in the country.
# # #