Hartford, CT—SEIU 32BJ formally announced today its endorsements for the Connecticut State Legislature candidates who are running in contested primaries on August 14th.
The following statement can be attributed to Kurt Westby, Connecticut Director of 32BJ SEIU:
“Right now, more than ever, Connecticut needs champions of working families that will stand up to special interests and fight for workers’ rights. These representatives will work to create the good jobs and economic growth we need.”
32BJ also endorsed Chris Murthy to represent working families in the US Senate and Chris Donovan as the best choice for the 5th Congressional District early this summer.
32BJ SEIU list of endorsements:
CONNECTICUT STATE LEGISLATURE:
- State 5th House District (D-Hartford and Windsor): Leo Canty
- State 19th Senate District (Andover, Bozrah, Columbia, Franklin, Hebron, Lebanon, Ledyard, Lisbon, Montville, Norwich, and Sprague): Catherine Osten
- State 23rd Senate District (Bridgeport and Stratford): Edwin Gomes
- State 33rd Senate District (Chester, Clinton, Colchester, Deep River, East Haddam, East Hampton, Essex, Haddam, Lyme, Old Saybrook, Portland, and Westbrook): James Crawford
- U.S Representative in the 5th Congressional District, Chris Donovan
- U.S. Senate, Chris Murphy
With 120,000 members on the East Coast—including 4,500 in Connecticut—32BJ is the largest property service union in the country. The union represents commercial cleaners, security officers, property service workers and food service employees throughout the state. Paid for by SEIU Local 32BJ Connecticut PAC, Juan Hernandez, Treasurer, 196 Trumbull St Ste 400, Hartford, CT 06103. This message was made independent of any candidate or political party.”