Social Media Manager
New York City, NY
With 175,000 members, Local 32BJ Service Employees International Union is the largest union representing property service workers in the country. 32BJ is growing quickly by organizing workers who are fighting for a living wage, respect, and a voice in their future. We seek an effective and creative Social Media Manager to join our digital team, support our member communications program and grow the Union’s digital presence. This position will be vital in educating, growing and engaging our online audiences, both internal and external, including allies and new and long-term members.
The Social Media Manager should be a data driven and experienced social media strategist with a clear vision on how to use digital platforms to mobilize communities. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and able to work in a collaborative environment, willing to explore innovative approaches to audience engagement and awareness, and is personally passionate about our work. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record using video, graphics, and other digital tools to support successful union, community or political organizing programs and campaigns.
• Develop and implement paid and organic digital strategic plans with an eye towards growing and engaging internal and external audiences.
• Manage union-wide social media channels and plan, implement, and evaluate timely and evergreen messaging and content, particular for our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube channels.
• Monitor digital analytics to ensure campaign and audience growth progress. Regularly assess and adjust content and strategies to maximize opportunities and adapt to platform changes.
• Ensure digital message and branding consistency across campaigns and union geographies.
• Work to develop new media skills and capacity of geographically-assigned communicators.
• Stay up to date and well-informed on new and emerging social/new media tools and services.
• Strong writing skills and creative eye for developing paid and organic content across a variety of channels and platforms, with proven ability for quick turnaround.
• Demonstrated experience as a project manager in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented work environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Experience in strategic communications planning and capacity building in large, multi-faceted organizations.
• Experience managing social media analytics and digital ad campaigns, particularly Facebook Ad Manager.
• Personal interest in current digital trends.
• Experience writing content for web and social media platforms, including the ability to distill big ideas into lively and succinct social media copy.
• Demonstrated commitment to and personal interest in social and economic justice, especially work with union members, low-wage and immigrant communities.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and flexibility in approach to project assignments and planning.
• Written and verbal Spanish language fluency, including ability to perform accurate written translations.
• Ability to travel, as well as work nights and weekends, on occasion.
Please forward an expression of your interest, together with a resume, to HR@seiu32bj.org