SEIU 32BJ is one of the largest and most dynamic labor unions in the United States, with 175,000 members in 11 states and Washington, DC. The union is at the forefront of driving a progressive policy agenda, including living and prevailing wage laws, responsible procurement and development standards, and access to health care and quality education.
The Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ is looking for seasoned, activist researchers who have experience in the labor movement, community organizing, journalism or political work to support the union’s campaigns to support the Union’s internal and external organizing campaigns in Airports and Higher Education.
32BJ’s Research Department plays a vital role in the Union’s organizing campaigns by conducting corporate research and developing and implementing strategies and tactics to advance campaign goals. Work includes tracking real estate trends and key industry players, performing industry, company and individual research. The majority of the research would cover Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We have a vacancy for a Research Analyst in our Boston, MA office.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong commitment to progressive social change and activist/labor movement experience
- Strong technical research skills and ability to apply research to development of strategic organizing campaigns
- Familiarity with corporate research, financial analysis, employment law or investigative journalism
- Experience with a variety of computer-based research tools and good quantitative skills
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent political and internal organizational skills
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment
- Some travel outside of Boston required and will be compensated
- Enthusiastic commitment to strengthening the labor movement
Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
32BJ offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes employer-paid medical and dental plans for full-time staff and their qualified dependents.
32BJ is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Please send a resume and letter of interest, and a brief writing sample to: HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Research-Boston” in the Subject line of your email.