With 175,000 members SEIU 32BJ is the largest union representing property service workers in the country. SEIU 32BJ is growing quickly by organizing workers who are fighting for a living wage, respect, and a voice in their future. We currently offer an opportunity to play a key role in 32BJ’s campaign for Fast Food workers. The Organizing Coordinator will lead the campaign to organize fast food workers at rest stops in Connecticut.
The Organizing Coordinator will be responsible for planning and driving the campaign, supported by the experience and resources of SEIU 32BJ. S/He will coordinate a cross-functional team of staff and member-leaders.
- Creating and managing a winning campaign in coordination with partnering departments;
- Leading and managing teams of staff and members to carry out campaign plans;
- Implementing plans with community allies;
- Writing and implementing individual staff development plans;
- Leading staff by example, setting high standards of work ethic and professional conduct;
- Articulating a positive vision of the project and of the Union;
- Participating in creating the overall plan to move the union forward.
A 32BJ Organizing Coordinator is an experienced leader in the field of worker or community organizing. S/He has a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- An in-depth understanding of organizing based on prior work experience, including how to oversee large field campaigns;
- The ability and willingness to travel, and to work long hours, including weekend work as needed;
- Strong and effective verbal communication skills;
- Advanced writing and computer skills;
- Experience leading staff and members; ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
- A car and a valid driver’s license are required (a car allowance will be provided);
- Fluency in a second language is a plus.
32BJ offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package, including employer-paid health and dental plans for full-time employees and their eligible dependents.
Please email a cover letter and resumé to Human Resources at HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Coordinator” in the Subject line of your email. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.