With more than 163,000 members in twelve states and Washington DC, 32BJ is the largest property service workers union in the country. 32BJ is affiliated with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), an organization of over 2 million members united by a belief in the dignity and worth of working people and the services they provide. Our two offices in Philadelphia represent over 15,000 members.
The Office Manager (“OM”) is one of two administrative positions that support both Philadelphia offices, and serves as the office receptionist in one of them. The OM is the first point of contact for members who call or visit for a variety of reasons. S/He keeps the office running, coordinating with other staff who are often out in the field. The OM may be assigned work outside the offices as well, supporting outside events and union actions.
- Staff the front desk, including phone coverage and assisting or redirecting callers and visitors; assist with grievance intake and processing as needed
- Serve as liaison to building management for purposes of maintenance and security
- Coordinate with administrative departments in New York for Accounting, Human Resources and Information Technology purposes: enter new hire and other staffing changes into HR data system for further processing; coordinate with I.T. for upgrades and new employee set-ups; process invoices for payment through the Union’s workflow system
- Schedule meetings and coordinate meeting space, presentation materials, access for attendees, etc; on-site support for outside actions
- Maintain membership database; track and process membership forms
- General staff support (mailings, filing, ordering supplies)
- Maintain office appearance
- Other duties as assigned
- Three to five years of relevant work experience in an office environment, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to plan their work and operate independently to keep work organized, prioritize work and manage deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including working with a diverse audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English required
- Advanced office tech skills and experience, including the ability to adapt to 32BJ’s data systems; advanced skills in Microsoft Office must include proficiency with mail merge, creating templates and using Excel for analysis.
32BJ offers a competitive salary. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance for full-time staff and their eligible dependents. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to Human Resources at: HR@seiu32bj.org
32BJ is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.