IT User Support Specialist
New York City
32BJ SEIU is one of the largest and most dynamic labor unions in the East coast, with over 163,000 members in 11 states and Washington, DC. The Union is at the forefront of building the nation’s labor movement, supporting progressive candidates for elected office and moving a broad policy agenda, including campaigns to guarantee living wages, promote responsible development and expand access to health care. Its parent organization, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), is the nation’s largest labor union.
The IT user support specialist will work as part of a small I.T. team to support 500+ users across the organization. The person will be responsible for all end users support issues, work on some server systems as well as collaborate with other team members on various IT projects. This position is based in our New York office location.
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Provide technical support to end users over the phone, remotely or in person in professional & timely manner, meeting SLAs
- Resolve issues following standard practice, company-approved protocols and process
- Update helpdesk system tickets with professional and proper documentation
- Perform or assist with physical equipment installation, moves, and changes
- Set up and support AV equipment for large events and meetings
- Create workstation images and deploy desktops
- Maintain IT asset inventory
- Assist and collaborate on IT projects and deployments
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience supporting end users in a professional business environment
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 7, 8, 10, Microsoft Office 2010/16 suite required
- Experience working with Windows Active Directory, Exchange, Symantec Endpoint, & Veeam
- Experienced working with Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Experienced with antivirus and malware solutions
- Familiar with desktop imaging solutions – Norton Ghost a plus
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, LDAP, DNS, VPN, FTP and network security
- Familiar with Cisco Unified Call Manager administration and use of IP telephones
- Experienced with AV equipment’s and systems including Crestron, VTC systems a plus
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to think on your feet, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must be reliable, motivated, detail oriented, & organized
- Maintain flexibility and adjust work style as business needs and priorities change
We offer a competitive salary. An excellent benefits package includes fully employer-paid medical and dental insurance for employees and their qualified dependents.
Local 32BJ is an equal opportunity employer. Please send a resume and letter of interest to HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “IT User Support Specialist” in the Subject line of your email.
32BJ encourages Women and people of color to apply.