FIGHT FOR AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE
New York, NY
With 175,000 members, 32BJ SEIU is the largest union representing property service workers in the country. Our members have fought for and achieved high standards for private and public sector property service workers, and we continue to fight for higher standards for the thousands of unorganized service workers.
32BJ SEIU is growing quickly by organizing workers who are fighting for fair wages, affordable healthcare, and a voice in their future. The Union is active in the fight for fair pricing in healthcare as part of the effort to maintain quality healthcare benefits for 32BJ SEIU members and other working people. The Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for planning and driving the campaign, supported by the experience and resources of the 32BJ Health Fund and 32BJ SEIU. They will coordinate a cross-functional team of staff and member leaders.
The ideal candidate has deep campaign coordination experience, including managing a diverse team of field, communications, and political staff. A minimum of five years of experience running campaigns is required.
- Creating and managing winning campaigns in coordination with partnering departments and officers of 32BJ SEIU and the 32BJ Health Fund;
- Coordinating work of staff and consultants working on campaign;
- Connecting work to union members and fund participants to carry out campaign plans;
- Implementing plans with community allies;
- Leading staff by example, setting high standards of work ethic and professional conduct;
- Articulating a positive vision of the project and of the Union and Fund; and
- Participating in creating the overall plan to move the Union and Fund forward.
We seek an experienced leader in the field of worker or community organizing, with a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- An in-depth understanding of organizing based on prior work experience, including how to oversee large field campaigns, and how to develop and run comprehensive campaigns;
- The ability and willingness to travel, and to work long hours, including weekend work as needed;
- Strong and effective communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft suite and the ability to learn new systems;
- Experience leading staff and members and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
- An understanding of the NYC healthcare landscape is a plus; and
- Managing campaign budgets.
Salary is competitive, based on experience. Our benefits package includes fully employer-paid family health and dental insurance and retirement benefits.
Please email a cover letter and resumé to Human Resources at HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “HC Campaign” in the subject line of your email. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.