Fast Food Campaign
New York City
Come join our dynamic, groundbreaking campaign to help fast food workers win a union!
32BJ SEIU has already won wage increases, scheduling laws, a historic Just Cause law and better working conditions around Covid safety and respect — including protections against RATS! We currently offer several openings for experienced organizers to join the Fast Food Campaign team and help build on our record of success. These organizing positions are based in New York City.
You can help 32BJ to take action and win a union for fast food workers, in coordination with the national Fight for $15. As a 32BJ Organizer, you would be part of the team enforcing groundbreaking Fair Work Week Laws and newly passed JUST CAUSE legislation.
- Conducting broad and intensive outreach efforts to fast food workers;
- Building one-on-one relationships with workers, and educating them about the issues;
- Motivating individual workers and groups of workers to take action;
- Conducting individual and group meetings with workers to discuss and plan organizing campaigns;
- Identifying and developing fast food worker leaders to guide and lead their campaign;
- Working to involve community allies in organizing campaigns;
- Engaging workers in broader union efforts to bring pressure to bear on the industry.
- Previous experience in union or community organizing;
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice;
- Ability to create an effective work plan and follow through on it;
- Willingness to conduct house visits and site visits;
- The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Willingness to work irregular hours, which may include nights and weekends depending on the needs of the campaign;
- Effective communications skills; basic writing and computer skills;
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
32BJ SEIU offers a competitive salary based on experience. A full benefits package includes an employer-paid medical and dental plan for employees and their qualified dependents. This is a salaried position.
Qualified candidates may send a resume and letter of interest to Human Resources at HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Fast Food” in the Subject line of your email.
32BJ SEIU is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.