New York Office
With 175,000 members along the East Coast, 32BJ SEIU is the largest property services union in the country. 32BJ has grown rapidly over the past decade and currently employs approximately 435 diverse staff in sixteen offices from Boston to Miami.
Our Communications work is central to the mission of the union – we move campaigns forward and win for workers using a variety of earned, paid and social media and member communications.
We seek an effective and creative Digital Strategist to join our digital team, support our organizing program and grow the union’s online presence. This position will be vital in educating, growing and engaging our online audiences, both internal and external, including allies and new and long-term members.
The Digital Strategist should be a data driven and experienced online strategist with a clear vision on how to use digital platforms to mobilize communities, promote issues relevant to our campaigns, and build audiences through a range of digital platforms. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter as well as able to work in a collaborative environment, be willing to explore innovative approaches to online organizing, and be personally passionate about our work. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record using video, graphics, social media, and other online tools to support successful union, community or political organizing programs and campaigns, and brings creativity and energy to the work.
Digital Strategist responsibilities:
- Write and edit member/organizing communications, including copy for emails, mass texts, various social media platforms, newsletters, digital and print ads and website.
- Work with communications and organizing staff to develop and execute communications strategies to build membership and advance campaigns.
- Develop new and innovative tactics to support our organizing, contract bargaining and legislative goals.
- Build digital skills and capacities of communications and/or organizing staff.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging digital platforms, strategies and tactics to incorporate in the union’s work.
- Assist on event and video production, staging and scriptwriting (in-person and virtual).
- Assist in planning and implementing communications strategies to support campaigns by producing fact sheets, leaflets, flyers, and other materials as needed.
Preferred skills and experience:
- 3-5 years of professional experience working on digital media and communications campaigns
- Strong digital design skills and experience.
- Written and verbal Spanish language fluency, including ability to perform accurate written translations.
- Sense of humor and collaborative approach.
- Ability to travel, as well as work nights and weekends, on occasion.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with “Digital Strategist” in the subject. No phone calls please.
This position, while temporarily remote, is based at 32BJ’s headquarters in New York City and requires travel. Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including fully employer paid health care, pension and 401K. 32BJ SEIU is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.