Data Entry Assistant
New York Office
With 175,000 members SEIU 32BJ is the largest union representing property service workers in the country. Our members have fought for and achieved high standards for private and public sector property service workers, and we continue to fight for higher standards for the thousands of unorganized service workers.
SEIU 32BJ is growing quickly by organizing workers who are fighting for fair wages, affordable healthcare, and a voice in their future. We currently seek a Data Entry Assistant to support our organizing work.
The Data Entry Assistant (“DEA”) is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of data in the Organizing database. The DEA supports the various phases of each Organizing Campaign by entering and extracting data as needed. S/He must develop sufficient familiarity with and understanding of 32BJ’s Organizing Campaigns in order to partner with coordinators, leads and organizers to support their data use and reporting needs. S/He checks in with the Organizing Operations Coordinator each week to identify and drive priorities.
Key Responsibilities include:
The DEA must develop a full understanding of how the data relates to specific campaigns to ensure that all documents submitted for data entry are valid. S/He is also responsible for creating and maintaining an organized filing system for all document originals (paper cards, sign-in sheets, etc.) accurately and being able to find any filed documents as needed. The DEA must learn to read all dashboard reports for the database in order to regularly audit data to ensure its accuracy. S/He will coordinate with the Data Analyst to address any data quality issues and work with the Data Analyst on larger data reconciliation projects.
The DEA is responsible for communicating with organizers in order to maintain the files and database for each campaign, which includes troubleshooting and pulling customized reports as needed. S/He works at the direction of his/her supervisor, and in cooperation with the Coordinators, Organizers and Leads, to make sure that the data entry and reporting serve campaign goals. Responsibilities also include training Organizing staff on the principles of data collection and integrity, data standardizing, creating forms as needed and driving user acceptance on the use of mobile applications for data collection in the field.
- Experience in data entry, including data quality control, and problem solving;
- Ability to maintain a system with over 10,000 records and prioritize work among various active Campaign files; strong time management skills and ability to prioritize necessary;
- Organization skills and ability to maintain an easy to use and accurate filing system;
- Ability to work and interact easily with a wide variety of people and departments; clear and effective communication, via email and in person required;
- Ability to support organizers in understanding the key pieces of data collection that increase database utility;
- Ability to travel to regional offices to manage data when necessary;
- Ability to use a variety of database software depending on campaign needs; experience with Excel and Google Maps required; experience with Access and/or desire to learn Access highly desirable.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience. Our benefits package includes employer-paid family health and dental insurance for regular staff and their eligible dependents, a 401k and a pension plan.
Please email a cover letter and resumé to Human Resources at HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Data Entry” in the subject line of your email.