DATA ANALYST Level II
New York City, NY
SEIU 32BJ is looking for an experienced data analyst to join the department of data analytics and strategy. This position requires hands on experience working on a business intelligence platform that supports a vital business operation. In addition to strong technical skills, the position requires exceptional business process analysis and interpersonal skills. The work is based at the union’s headquarters in New York City. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.
With 175,000 members in eleven states and Washington, D.C., SEIU 32BJ is the largest union representing property service workers in the country. Our members have fought for and achieved high standards for private and public sector property service workers, and we continue to fight for higher standards for thousands of unorganized service workers.
We are committed to engaging our diverse membership and to developing members to lead in our organizing, political, social justice and contract campaigns.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Create and maintain reports and visualization in Qlikview, NGP VAN, Excel and PowerPoint
- Merge and manipulate large data sets from disparate sources in order to produce data insights and analytics
- Monitor system availability and stability with the goal of ensuring system uptime
- Serve as a point of contact for business users reporting issues and requesting enhancements
- Interpret requirements into actionable options for data support and management
- Strong excel skills with a minimum ability to create formulas, vlookups, conditional formatting and pivot tables
- Proven digital presentation skills building dashboards, reports and GIS maps
- Basic relational databases knowledge and ability to write sql queries
- Experience as a VAN administrator, working on political or organizing campaigns is a strong plus
- Hands on experience building and maintaining QlikView documents is a strong plus
- Ability to work with a diverse group of users with varying technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to discuss and explain data analysis in plain terms to non-technical users
- Field experience in union, community organizing or electoral politics desired
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously both independently and as team member
- Thrive in a collaborative fast paced environment with limited supervision
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours on occasion
- English/Spanish bilingual speakers are strong plus
32BJ offers a great work environment, the challenge and satisfaction of making a meaningful contribution to creating good jobs in our economy while earning a competitive salary and an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid family health insurance.
32BJ is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume with cover letter describing experience and salary requirements to Human Resources at HR@seiu32bj.org