Director of Communications
Based in New York City, NY
With 175,000 members along the East Coast, 32BJ SEIU is the largest property services union in the country. 32BJ has grown rapidly over the past decade and currently employs approximately 435 diverse staff in sixteen offices from Boston to Miami.
Our communications work is central to the mission of the union – we move campaigns forward and win for workers using a variety of earned, paid and social media and member communications.
Candidates should have experience managing large numbers of staff, be strategic, creative thinkers with deep campaign experience and strong management skills, who know how to utilize a range of communications strategies to engage members and advance campaigns.
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in communications or campaign management.
- Experience managing in a large complex organization with significant numbers of staff in multiple locations in labor, advocacy or related work highly desired;
- High-level experience leading or directing contract, legislative and/or advocacy campaigns;
- Experience in communications planning and capacity building in a large, multi-faceted organization;
- Facility with new media tools and openness to expanding skills in this area;
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice, especially work with union members, low-wage and/or immigrant communities;
- Experience managing departmental and campaign budgets;
Send a résumé and cover letter addressing why you are well suited for this position to Ken Margolies, UnionSearch.org, Margolies, Potterton & Associates at:
Potential applicants can call Ken Margolies confidentially at: 845 499 6636.
This position, while temporarily remote, is based at 32BJ’s headquarters in New York City and requires travel.
Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including fully employer paid health care, pension and 401K.
32BJ SEIU is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.Ken Margolies
Margolies, Potterton & Assoc.
845 499 6636