September 1st is the date of the Massachusetts State Primary including certain seats in Congress, the State Senate, and the State Assembly. If you’re not sure whether you’re registered to vote, you can register right now. The deadline is coming up soon – on Wednesday, August 12th.
- ONLINE: If you have a valid ID from the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles, you can register to vote online at: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr
- BY MAIL: Fill out and download the application, complete the form by signing and mailing it to your local election official:
- IN PERSON: Go to a local election office or the Elections Division of the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s office – locations are here: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleclk/clkidx.htm
- If you want to check whether you’re registered to vote already, check here: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/voterregistrationsearch/myvoterregstatus.aspx
- Remember, the deadline to register to vote is Wednesday, August 12th.
- If you have any additional questions, call 1-800-462-VOTE (8683) or visit: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleidx.htm
The coronavirus has hit working people hard. Now more than ever, we need to make sure that our voices are heard, and that we vote for candidates at all levels of government who will fight for us. We need to win PPE, essential pay, and layoff protections for all essential property service workers, and we need to make sure our workforce has all of the equipment, guidelines, and training we need to safely get back to work when the economy reopens. Register today and stay by for more information from your union as the election approaches!