Your bargaining committee is proud of the strong new contract that was negotiated for all 32BJ members at MSG. Please see below for highlights of the tentative agreement, subject to ratification!
- Our new agreement will be effective October 1st, 2016 until September 30th, 2020. This means that you will be entitled to the wage increase retroactive to 10/1/2016.
Strong Wage Increases
- Members will receive 2.5% wage increases on October 1st of every contract year.
- MSG will move to a January pay-cycle for benefits by January 1st, 2023.
- For the first time ever, 32BJ’s Training Fund will cover all Full-Timers, Theater Cleaners, Regular Restroom Attendants and Steady PT Group!
Full time work
- NO CUTS in Full Time positions–Part timers will continue to have the opportunity for full time employment as people retire or leave full time positions!
- Full-timers on summer layoff will be given the most accurate recall schedule available at the beginning of the summer
Fair Part-Time Scheduling
- MSG is planning to move to an automated scheduling system and has committed to schedule Part-timers in a fair & equitable manner.
More opportunities for steady work
- Part-timers can now promote into a Steady Part Time Group – a group of 15 part-timers guaranteed priority scheduling up to 4 shifts per week.
- These vacancies will be posted soon, and will follow contractual posting requirements.
- New employees hired after ratification will receive 80% of the full wage rate for their first 36 months of employment.
- There are limits to the number of hours that new hires can work so that the hours of the existing workforce are not diluted.
- For the first time ever, 32BJ representatives or stewards will be present at all new-hire orientations to introduce new members to the union
- Union has the right to request leave of absence for eligible members to join our brigade program.
- 32BJ Shop Stewards are recognized in all shifts and will now be permitted to be present for shifts during which there is no Shop Steward scheduled.