- She worked with us to pass a prevailing wage bill for workers on subsidized developments, and she has fought to build more affordable housing across the city.
- She worked with us to reach an agreement that will give nearly 1 million New Yorkers paid sick leave.
- Year after year Speaker Quinn protected the school facilities budget from being cut in order to ensure our members have the tools they need to do their job effectively.
- She’s stood up to bad employers when it’s really mattered: at Co-op city, on behalf of Legal Aid workers, and in all of our sectors: commercial, residential, retail, education.
- She worked with us to get important changes to the Secure Communities Act to prevent thousands of immigrants from being unjustly detained – and she is a tireless champion of commonsense immigration reform.
This year’s NYC mayoral election race features an exceptionally strong field of candidates, but City Council Speaker Christine Quinn stood out. We are proud to endorse Speaker Quinn in the Democratic mayoral primary. She shares our passion for fairness, for standing up for what’s right and for fighting on behalf of the hard-working men and women of New York City. During her career as an organizer, City Council Member and Speaker of the City Council, Christine Quinn has worked side-by-side with our union on the issues that matter most to workers – and she has a proven track record of getting things done.