Like health care workers, postal workers, grocery story workers and other essential workers, building service workers are also on the front lines keeping buildings safe, clean and well maintained so we can get through this crisis together.
- The heart of my buildings is my janitor, super, security officer, doorperson.
- The heart of my building deserves essential pay, layoffs protection and PPE. If they aren’t safe, we aren’t safe.
How you can help protect building service workers.
Join the Essential Building Service Workers Day on Tuesday, May 5.
- Put messages of support in your windows: We Love Essential Building service workers. Essential Workers are the Heart of Our Building. Thank you Essential Building Service Workers.
- Get the kids involved: Draw the “heart of your building” Have kids draw their janitor, super, security officer, doorperson. Post the signs in windows and don’t forget to take pics and post to social media
- Print out a sign and post it in your window: FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR THE DESIGN!
- Can’t make make a sign? Post a pic, video or message on social media to say thank you to essential building service workers using #ThankEssentialBuildingWorkers #ProtectAllWorkers
Call your member of Congress and demand that building service workers get the essential pay, lay off protection and PPE they need! 1-877-851-2521