Commercial security officers in Philadelphia have bargained a new contract that will raise security industry standards and help officers provide for their families.
Member Empowerment Gains
- Strong job protection during continuous illness or disability
- Write-ups cannot be used for further discipline after 18 months
- Employer must make their best effort to get client complaints in writing before removal from a site
- Vacation requests will be awarded based on seniority
- Twenty years seniority additional week vacation
- The minimum shift length must be 4 hours
Wage Increases & Minimum Rates, 2017-2020
Paid Holiday and Paid Time Off
We expanded Paid Time Off for full-time security officers (one day in 2018 and one day in 2020) and full-time security officers scheduled to work on post on Christmas Day will begin receiving holiday pay effective December 2019.
Maintained quality health care with no deductible or premium sharing for full-time officers.
Total Contract Gains
$2.20 in raises for all officers – an average increase of 18%. An average officer will make $14.19 per hour by the end of the contract, and wages will range from $12.45 to over $26.00 an hour.
Over $38 million in new wages and benefits for our members!