New York, NY
We seek an effective and creative Web Manager to join our digital team, support our member communications program and grow the Union’s digital presence. This position will be vital in educating, growing and engaging our online audiences, both internal and external, including allies and new and long-term members.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Web Manager oversees the design and management of digital content to 32BJ SEIU various web properties.
The Web Manager should be a data driven, and experienced online organizer with a clear vision on how to use digital platforms to mobilize communities. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter as well as able to work in a collaborative environment, be willing to explore innovative approaches to online organizing, and be personally passionate about our work. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record using web, video, graphics and other online tools to support successful union, community or political organizing programs and campaigns.
Web Manager responsibilities:
- Managing our newly built website tagging, data and analytics.
- Building our Google Analytics and EveryAction reporting.
- Leading and owning the web, email marketing analytics function of our organization and campaigns.
- Analyze website effectiveness (navigation, content etc.) and drive strategies for conversion optimization and top customer experience.
- Writing and editing member/organizing communications in English and Spanish, including copy for e-blasts, mass texts, flyers, social media direct mail, newsletters, digital and print ads and website.
- Develop online tactics to support our organizing, contract bargaining and legislative goals.
- Assisting on event and video production, staging and scriptwriting.
- Assisting in planning and implementing communications strategies to support campaigns by producing fact sheets, worker profiles, talking points, leaflets, flyers, and other materials as needed.
- Written and verbal Spanish language fluency, including ability to perform accurate written translations.
- Ability to travel, as well as work nights and weekends, on occasion.
Please email a cover letter and resumé to Human Resources at HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Web Manager” in the subject line of your email.