Are you looking to build a career fighting for economic justice? Do you love investigating tough questions, and do you have the tenacity and commitment to stick with a campaign until you win? If you answered “yes” to these questions, we’d love to hear from you.
The Service Employees International Union (“SEIU”) Local 32BJ is looking for a strategic researcher, to be based in the Capital Area. 32BJ SEIU is the largest property service union in the country with 163,000 members across twelve states and the District of Columbia. Our membership includes cleaners, doormen, porters, maintenance workers, window cleaners, security officers, superintendents, and theater and stadium workers. 32BJ members come from 64 countries and speak 28 different languages, but are united in a single fight for fairness and decency for the region’s working families.
The Research Department plays a vital role in the Union by conducting corporate research, industry analysis, and developing and implementing strategies and tactics to advance the union’s agenda. Work includes tracking real estate trends and key real estate players, performing industry analysis, company and individual research, providing contract costing analysis and other support for collective bargaining, and conducting public policy research.
- Strong commitment to progressive social change;
- Strong technical research and quantitative skills;
- Experience with a variety of computer-based research tools;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment;
- Strong work habits and ability to work independently;
- Project management experience;
- Familiarity with the labor movement, community organizing, corporate or political research, financial analysis, employed law, and/or investigative journalism.
Spanish fluency a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for advancement. An excellent benefits package includes employer-paid medical and dental insurance for employees and their qualified dependents, pension and paid vacation leave.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Local 32BJ is an equal opportunity employer. Please send a resume, letter of interest and a brief writing sample to HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “Research” in the Subject line of your email.
32BJ is affiliated with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), a union that is 2.1 million members strong and growing. Please see http://www.seiu32bj.org for more information about 32BJ SEIU.